The Lindsay & District Chamber of Commerce is the largest single voice for business in the City of Kawartha Lakes.
Concerns from our members are discussed at the Advocacy committee and by the Board of Directors. These are the goals of the Chamber’s advocacy effort:
- Establishing a network to identify potential issues that could impact business interests.
- Researching and providing background information.
- Prioritizing, recommending and communicating positions to the Board/membership/government agencies/public.
- Providing necessary action and follow up to ensure issues are resolved positively for our membership.
These are examples of municipal issues we have tackled:
- Transient trader bylaw
- Planning & Development Approval Process
- Municipal Tendering Process
- Agricultural issues
- 4-laning of Highway 35
- 407 Extension
Partnerships are sought with like-minded organizations including other area Chambers of Commerce, the Victoria Haliburton Federation of Agriculture, Lindsay Downtown BIA and Kawartha Manufacturers Association. Provincial and national issues are examined with the support of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce and Canadian Chamber of Commerce.